Thursday, December 9, 2010

KITCHEN BEFORE & AFTER PICTURES!

So it took me a month.  And after failing miserably at painting/recoating the laminate countertops, we ended up finding an awesome counter top guy in town who was able to give us a great deal since he had some remnant pieces we liked.  Oh and he threw in a free sink.  And then when the old faucet was removed we saw that it was all corroded so we decided christmas, and anniversary, and birthdays, for us this year was the kitchen, including a new faucet.

I thought before doing this project that someday I would want to expand the kitchen, etc.  After painting and sanding and sealing every inch of wood in the kitchen... I've changed my mind.  It is plenty big.  For at least the next 15 years.  I used Caromal Colours, I really liked the whole process, and the outcome, but I can't say if it is easier or harder than the standard sand, paint, glaze, seal process because I had never done anything like this in my life!  lol.  Luckily, my mother in law helped me with the whole toning/wiping off process on the cabinets doors.  I did the sides of the cabinets and the crown molding and my OCD-ness kicked in hardcore and I spent WAY more time than was necessary on them.  Needless to say, I would still be painting if it wasn't for her.

So here are the before pictures:

AND AFTER:



I'm not the only one that is excited the project is complete!



 So there you go... Now that I've finally posted these pictures I can start catching up on everything else that's happened in the past month & a half.  But not today.  :)

3 comments:

  1. very nice! i can't believe what a huge difference that makes in your kitchen - it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics don't do it justice! that pic of elea is hilarious! she looks likes she's laughing and crying... which is perfect!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love it. Way to go on the cabinets! That is seriously impressive. I could never do that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete