This weekend Jeff cleaned the house and I waddled around pretending to be useful. I did finally get all of Clayne's 0-3 months clothes and blankets, etc. washed. Finally. I have been putting it off, just in case he comes out a girl- but really, 2 obvious ultrasounds should be enough reassurance, and now that it's done, I'm glad I finally did it.
Now we are just trying to mentally prepare Elea from the changes that are about to happen. I don't know that that is even possible, but she did see a "Birth Story" episode and keeps asking me to watch the "baby born" on TV... so maybe she gets it. A little. But that is probably extreme wishful thinking on my part. Anyone have any suggestions/tips on how to help the oldest child through the transition of no longer being center of the universe in the family? AND any tips on how to make them not feel left out/behind in the meantime?
I go in for my 37 1/2 weeks appt. on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers I've progressed from the 1 cm dilated & 50% thinned from last week's appt. so that he'll strip my membranes. I'm not too huge and uncomfortable at this point, but I'm starting to get anxious to have Clayne HERE and move forward as a family of 4. If that makes any sense. I should probably just be grateful for the good nights sleep I am currently getting and quit worrying about when I will go into labor... but that's not really my way. :)
Speaking of which, I am going to go to bed, since I just realized that it is later than I thought. But my "goal" is to post more between now and Clayne's birth because I just re-read some posts from before Elea's birth and right after, and I am so grateful that I have them to look back on! Shame on me for slacking for the past year and a half!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i just saw you tagged in a picture on facebook with a beautiful new baby in it! congrats! i can't wait to see/hear more. :) he looks like a cutie with a headful of hair!
ReplyDelete