Sunday, June 6, 2010

Just a sad day.

Jeff's working this morning so I was flying solo with Elea getting to church this morning.  Somehow we were ready by 8:30 so when she started banging on the garage door, wanting to leave, I figured we might as well walk to church and kill some time. 

Anyway, she didn't last too long and we roamed the halls quite a bit but she did well in nursery.  In R.S. I was just thinking about how much we've been blessed with in the past year.  And then I got really sad.  I'm sad to be leaving my friends, friends that I didn't have a year ago but who have been there for me through the past while.  It's silly, but until this house (& Jeff & I have moved 9 times in 5 years), I was never able to call a neighbor friend and ask to borrow an egg or a cup of sugar.  Seriously, the first time I was able to do that, it felt like christmas. 

I've been staying busy this past week, thinking only about the new, exciting parts about Jeff starting his career and us moving.  I guess being forced to sit still for an hour was good for me- better to deal with this stuff now then wait until we are in the new house and I can't send Elea across the street while I run an errand.

. . . And Elea is currently throwing tantrum #5 of the day, so off I go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss you, neighbor! Thanks for always being so great to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can just run her accross the freeway while you run an errand!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, seriously... do you have to go? i really am going to miss you.

    thanks for the add to your blog! i am excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete