I'm remembering why I slowed down and then stopped blogging in the first place . . . I have a difficult time finding things "important" enough to blog about!
I'm the "Relief Society Meetings Coordinator" (aka Enrichment Leader) in our ward. (Atleast until my replacement is called). This week we had our quarterly activity. I had promised Jeff that I wouldn't let me life be over-run by the activity like it did in March so I took a lot simpler, less intense approach. (Sorry Kristin if you ended up with the stress instead!) It turned out well, we did a dinner & service auction. Ladies in the ward donated service "items" such as babysitting for 2 hours, food items, teaching art lesson, etc. I put a questionnaire together that awarded various points for different things (attending the temple, paying tithing, taking dinners, calling just to check on someone, making bed, taking vitamin, etc.) and the points were used as money for the bidding.
We didn't go as intense with the advertising this time and with it being summer a lot of girls are out of town so our turnout was somewhere around 30-35. I think. We had enough food for 60 so there was a TON of leftovers. (And I had forgotten a lady in the ward was bringing some of the rice with her, so I made too much rice at the church! Whoops!)
Anyway, I think it turned out well and the ladies were talking with eachother which is my main goal of every activity. :) So ya, my run in R.S. is pretty much over, at least in this ward. I definitely feel more effective working in R.S. than in Primary. . . but who knows where they'll put us in our next ward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

there were only a few stressful times for me, and it was no worries, really! thanks for helping do another great activity. i have heard from so many of the people there who loved it!
ReplyDelete