So with Clayne's arrival, Elea is now a BIG SISTER. She has handled the transition very well. Jeff has spent a lot of time making sure she doesn't feel ousted. But I don't want to write about her in relation to Clayne on this post... I am just going to make some notes about her as she is now-- 2 1/2 years old.
Elea has zero interest in potty training. She LOVES chocolate milk. Despite our best efforts, she has stuck to her, "I can't want that," when it comes to any vegetable besides potatoes and all fruits. Unless you count fruit snacks. Dora the Explorer reigns supreme. We have 30+ episodes saved on the DVR with Team Umizoomi and Bubble Guppies coming in close 2nd with 10 & 11 episodes respectively. (I could lie and say that she only watches the "less than 2" hours of television daily recommended by the powers that be, but I won't).
Elea has been her own little person since before she was born. I love that about her. She loves to laugh but she is not about to fake a laugh for the sake of the person trying to entertain. She doesn't just smile at people to make them smile back. It was kind of awkward when she was younger because adults would try to get her to interact with them, and if she wasn't in the mood she would just stare back at them-- while I stood there watching as their faces slowly fell. Now, however, she LOVES saying hi to anyone and everyone. And not just once. If we see a person in the grocery aisle she will say hi to them over and over and over until they are out of sight-- it's a new version of supermarket sweep for me because I am more the the head-down-try-not-to-make-eye-contact type and after the 5th "hello" I feel obligated to interact with said shopper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment